Distinctive Auto Works Achieves Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) Compliance
PCI DSS Compliance
Distinctive Auto Works, a market leader in collision repair in Western Canada, today announced it has attained Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) for its customers paying for auto body repairs. Being PCI compliant enables users to process credit card payment information in a secure manner, further enhancing Distinctive Auto Works’ mantra of putting the customer first. PCI DSS is a set of requirements intended to ensure that all companies that process, store, or transmit credit card information maintain a secure environment. “Credit and debit card transactions represent approximately 60% of payments in Canada annually and at Distinctive Auto Works, it is considerably higher than the national average due to overall transactional costs of collision repairs and/or insurance deductibles,” said Holger Laakmann, CFO. “We live in a time when data exposure and risk are very high.” There continues to be a big shift away from cheques and cash, as customers continue to demand faster, easier and more secure payment experiences such as credit cards, debit, tap and mobile phone use. “Given that cyber-crimes continue to grow exponentially, not getting caught in the landslide is a matter of taking in the right information and acting on it quickly,” said Harinder Sindhar, Director of IT Services. “The degree to which credit card information can be used to harm our customers is great, so attaining PCI compliance was an important next step for us in our IT strategy. We want to maintain a secure IT infrastructure that ensures our customers—who not only entrust us with safe proper repairs of their vehicle can have the peace of mind that their data is locked down.”
Benefits of PCI DSS Compliance for Distinctive Auto Works customers:
- Builds trust Trust is a foundation to every sale. Customers trust they will receive exceptional repairs and that we will securely transmit and process their payment details! Trust leads to customer confidence and repeat customers.
- Prevents data breaches Data compliance and management are key considerations in our IT infrastructure, as we process and/or store sensitive customer data. As a PCI-compliant business we are required to use properly updated software and password protection, encrypt transmitted data, restrict data access, use and maintain anti-virus software and not retain cardholder details to list a few requirements. What this means is that Distinctive Auto Works is a less valuable target for cyber criminals. Not only will they have a much harder time hacking our network, they won’t find the data they are looking for!
- Helps us meet global standards The PCI DSS regulations were initiated by 5 of the world’s leading credit organizations in order to provide a mandatory level of protection for consumers by ensuring that merchants meet minimum levels of security when they store, process, and transmit cardholder data. Achieving PCI compliance allows Distinctive Auto Works to take their place among not only Canadian retailers, but international retailers and businesses who are committed to data security and protecting their customers.
- Puts security first PCI DSS compliance requires businesses to have multiple layers of security through firewalls that are properly configured. Being PCI DSS compliant has positively contributed to Distinctive Auto Works’ IT security strategy and improved IT infrastructure efficiencies.
- Saves money By being PCI DSS compliant makes Distinctive Auto Works a low risk retailer, saving thousands of dollars each year by lowering online payment provider premiums. Attaining PCI compliance is Distinctive Auto Works latest effort to strengthen customer trust and demonstrate its leadership in the collision industry.